Visit section Latest News
Last year's Randox Health Grand National third Vics Canvas will miss this season's race.Read More
- Dermot McLoughlin forced to rule Vics Canvas out of Grand National
- Sam Twiston-Davies sides with Saphir Du Rheu in Grand National at Aintree
- Daryl Jacob hoping Gordon Elliott can work Natonal magic with Ucello Conti
- Hopes high Derek Fox will return from injury to ride One For Arthur in National
- Enda Bolger hoping Aintree fences will fire up On The Fringe
- David Pipe looking to National duo to shine on Aintree stage
- Willie Mullins has strong hand in Topham Chase at Aintree
- Dai Walters hoping to mount Mildmay challenge with Whisper
- Aintree 'the target' for injured Barry Geraghty
- More Of That replaces Minella Rocco as Jonjo O'Neill's Grand National hope
Read moreBlogs & Tips
Grand National Runners Guide
We've asked Gary O'Brien to take a close look at the full field for the 2016 Crabbie's Grand National. You'll find his analysis of every horse, together with up to three horsevideo form clips from the ATR archive.
Read moreFestival Features
Nicky Henderson Stable Tour
Nicky has been top trainer at the meeting for three of the last four seasons and here he discusses his 2016 runners including Hadrian’s Approach and Triolo D’Alene in the National plus Grade 1 runners Buveur D’Air, L’Ami Serge and My Tent Or Yours.
We’ve asked pro-punter Andrew Gibson to profile a dozen of the leading contenders across the three days on Merseyside – he’s covered everything from established stars, useful handicappers plus a strong Grand National fancy.
Chris Sleep has shortlisted 10 eyecatchers from the Cheltenham Festival that are set to return to action at the Grand National meeting.
National Meeting Stats Guide
ATR's race stats expert Paul Jones reveals what to look for in all 21 races at the National meeting; includes shortlists of positives and negatives plus past winners tables.
David Myers looks at the key trends behind the Grand National meeting, from the records of trainers and jockeys at the race through to runners from the Cheltenham Festival and racing styles of the winners.
Better than sex
When ATR’s Mick Fitzgerald won the Grand National aboard Rough Quest in 1996 he described it as ‘better than sex’. Here, the former top jockey looks back on his famous victory in the Aintree showpiece.
Barry Geraghty's National Course Guide
Leading jockey Barry Geraghty landed the world’s most famous race aboard Monty’s Pass in 2003 - read his in-depth guide to Aintree’s unique Grand National course.